With a vision of becoming the leading supplier of African agricultural products to the world, ETG strives to play a key role in enhancing the continent's growth through the global marketing of its locally produ...
With a vision of becoming the leading supplier of African agricultural products to the world, ETG strives to play a key role in enhancing the continent's growth through the global marketing of its locally produced commodities.
ETG already holds a prominent position in the African agricultural market.It has over 40 years experience in this field and has a proven track record of achieving excellence whilst ensuring cost effectiveness at every point in the agricultural supply chain. It achieves this by procuring at farm gate level, processing via stateof-
the-art facilities, and continually investing in storage and logistical infrastructure - from warehouses to ports. The group's premier position within the sub-Saharan region is further enhanced through its effective trading of commodities across Africa and the rest of the world. This
ensures that farmers who form part of the ETG supply chain enjoy the best possible international, market-related commodity prices for their produce.
ETG proactively seeks opportunities to support the farming communities in which it operates through financial re-investment, supplying inputs, and providing operational expertise with a view to improving productivity and quality. This, in turn, supports and enhances the continuous growth of the African agricultural sector.
ETG, established in 1967, is one of the largest and fastest growing integrated agricultural conglomerates in sub-Saharan Africa, importing and exporting soft commodities to and from 48 countries including Tanzania, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa. It also has supply chain operations in China, India, America, Middle East, and South East Asia; merchandising desks in Europe, and; treasury companies in Singapore, Mauritius and UAE. Globally, ETG is present across 48 countries.
ETG runs its business under five business verticals:
1. Fertilizer and Farm Inputs: ETG is one of the largest importers and distributors of fertilizers and farm inputs in sub-saharan africa
2. Cash traded products: Pulses, Sesame seed, Cashew and Rice are key commodities in this vertical. ETG is the world largest trader and processor of Pulses as well as world largest trader for raw cashew nuts.
3. Exchange traded commodities: Grains & oilseeds, sugar, coffee, cocoa, maize and soybean are key products in this segment. ETG is one of the major players for maize and soybean in sub-shara africa
4. Consumer Branded (Vamara): ETG operates multiple processing plants across 14 countries to manufacture products that are targeted to African consumers. ETG has 22 brands in its portfolio that offers products from vegetable cooking oil, condiments, and spreads, etc.
5. Logistics: ETG operates a very successful and integrated Logistics platform. ETG has a network of more than 400+ warehouses across 32 countries and a fleet of more than 900 trucks. ETG provided end-to-end Logistics services across sub-Sahara Africa.